Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trip to Morristown Today

Yep - I went to Morriston today... it was cloudy, sprinkling rain, right after lunch time and I hadn't eaten yet. I stopped at Wendy's at the Strawplains Pike exit (one of the friendliest Wendy's drive thru's I have been thru in a long time too I might add) for a chicken sandwich and then got back on to the interstate.
Ok, I admit it... I was dreading the trip, the drive, the weather, I was hurried, a hundred things to do and really wanted to just stay at work and finish my list. Or go home and take a nap :o)
But I jumped in my car, took off for my scheduled appointment and headed to Hamblen County.
I got about maybe 5-6 miles down the road - eating my delicious sandwhich, talked with a few folks who called my cell phone and then realized something. WOW! I'm eating a great sandwich, looking at the cool cloud layers God had provided as a backdrop to my ride, actually alone and able to think, to pray, to just enjoy being with me, and also just see something different than I see each and very day. Different trees, different buildings, different billboards. I met a different person at my appointment, a new person I may not have met otherwise and that I look forward to getting to know a little better over the next few months. I saw a beautiful park I never knew existed - Fred Miller Park in Morristown is very cool.
I had a fun afternoon!
It took awhile but this thick headed gal finally thought about the obvious. God gives us many opportunities each day to see things differently but do we always take the chance to do so? Most times not I'm afraid. I know that I tend to put off what may not fit perfectly in our daytimer... but I can only answer for me.
Next time I will look forward to a trip in the car that may not be the most convenient thing time wise in my schedule - becuase it may just end up being just what the doctor ordered!

No comments: