Thursday, April 21, 2011

Having the Right Posture


Head high, shoulders back, back straight, eyes ahead... flash back to the charm school/etiquette classes my mom took me kicking and screaming to in 6th grade, or how I am to praise God in a trial?
BOTH!
The Jonah study I am in the middle of now just nailed me between the eyes.

But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the LORD.’”
And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
Jonah 2:9-10


Sacrificial praise? Jonah is praying IN deliverance not FOR deliverance? Wait a minute - that means I fully and whole heartily thank God for the storm. That means I praise Him that He is delivering me within that storm. That the hard place indeed IS my provision, not just the consequence I really deserve.

Wow, I remember with no trouble at all the outcome of those charm school classes. I went with a determined posture of unbending resentment. The result? Utter failure.

God help me take on a posture today of sacrificial praise... In my prayers, with my head high above the waves and my eyes looking straight to where my help comes from. And in my verbal gratitude of a God who is saving me, inside and outside the storm... alway returning me safely to land!

Marisa

Chick Chat with Marisa

No comments: