Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gifts

I'm drinking my coffee on the couch this morning still thanking God for a relaxing, much needed long holiday weekend with my husband where we could just be quiet and do nothing. I remember over the last few years many times praying for days like that because they always seemed to be rushing by so very quickly. I loved it and am missing it greatly of course, but am also expressly aware I need to relish this specific gift of right now - the blessing of some lunches and coffee with friends, reading, thinking, relaxing, getting some house cleaning done, being present in the moment, and getting through the storm damage/coming changes with our home with my sanity intact!
Isaiah 65:24 - I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
I am simply reminded today that answered prayers dont look familiar, but they are answered none the less by a familiar friend and Savior who knows us better than we know ourselves :)

Marisa

Chick Chat with Marisa

No comments: