Monday, October 17, 2011

Missing You


I miss my son. And I miss my Dad
I am stuck in the house this week, sick with a bad upper respiratory infection, and I'm missing my son, Recruit David Cunningham who has about 5 weeks to go in Marine Bootcamp in Parris Island SC.
And I miss my Daddy, who passed away on April 1 2005.
It's so funny. I'm sick, and there is so much going on in my world right now, and next to my husband Todd, these are the two people I most want to talk with.
But not just about my "stuff", I so want to know what new things my son is discovering about Himself, what God is doing within him right now, and to hug him to me and hold him. I wish I could ask my Dad what I should do about some of the decisions about my mom, about what he would do if it was him in this season of waiting I am in, to get his Godly advice, and oh how I miss his great hugs.

What I have discovered the past few days? I've learned all over again I can talk to them, in my heart, and through my Heavenly Father. I can tell HIM how I feel about them both. I can ask him to continue to do a great work in my sons life, and to show me how to be a better mom to David. And I can ask God to bring to my mind the good advice my Dad gave me in years past, and to remember decisions I saw my Dad make in my lifetime, both good and bad, and to help me learn from them.

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8


The past few days may have brought fever, congestion, nausea, lots of snot (TMI?), a sore chest and throat from coughing and more... but its also brought me some sweet quiet time to pray, talk with God and about the ones I love and miss so much, and to remember :)

Marisa

No comments: