Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm way more than 5...

Is it just me? Am I the only one who sometimes feels like a 5 year old - crying to not have wait for what I want NOW, trying to convince God to IMMEDIATELY pick me up, telling me "yes, you can have what you want, and yes, I'll do exactly what it is you think you need me to, and right now"? 
Realizing I'm waaaaay more than 5, and that God will no more do that than I would have to my own 5 year old is both embarrassing (that I behave/think that way sometimes), and also a relief (that He loves me too much to give in on what's not HIS best for me)...
Romans 8:28 - "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

It doesn't mean the waiting and discipline is fun, or even any easier, but it does mean we can trust Him 
Isaiah 26:3 - "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

No comments: